Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I want

Today was one of those days when something takes a wrong turn and goes into a direction you don't want it to go. So, how it all started? Step by step.
A few weeks ago a friend of mine talked me into going to 3rd SENSA weekend  that was going to be organised in a woderful Spa and Golf resort in St Martin's. She had already attended 2nd SENSA weekend in Split and she said it was a truly inspiring experience. What is  SENSA weekend?  It is a weekend where you try to get rid of everyday stress in a luxurious environment of  a many stars******** hotel. Attending yoga and pilates classes and workshops about Chinese philosophy of five elements, talking to a life and business coach, splashing in a swimming pool or whirlpool, taking your first golf lesson, eating healthy food.... all this should bring you closer to your inner self, relax you, recharge your batteries and bring you back to your tedious tiny life refreshed and like new!
As it sounded just the right thing for me to experience, I booked my place. Friday 19/03 to Sunday 21/03. And just to mention that I have wanted to visit St Martin Spa for years and I have never had the chance, so it seemed as a God's sign.
A friend of mine suggested taking our husbands and children with us and making it a family weekend but I swiftly and pronouncedly refused such a nebulous idea.  I would probably be so stressed out after such a family happening that not even another sensa weekend could take away the stress. Eventually, she is coming to St Martin  with her husband and a younger child, and I am coming alone.
Then, the day before yesterday, I got to know that my morning shift at school had been changed into afternoon shift for the whole week, including Friday - the day I planned to travel. It was due to some state exams, and it really affected all my plans as well as my timetable at the private school where I also teach.

Ending of the story:
I had so many problems finding a replacement for my classes, getting a day off and leaving ....

I would need a few sensa weekends to get rid off the stress I got, talking to my headmistress, explaining to her why I needed a day off.

Did it pay off? Read here.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails