Friday, October 01, 2010

ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS

An interview with Drew Barrymore / Marie Claire / September 2010

I'm trying to figure out how relationships work. All I know is, there aren't any rules.  I am a romantic and it scares me...
What do I actually want from a relationship? Definitely laughter! What is love? It smells good - like somebody's skin. It's amazing to me that, when you fall in love with someone, you just start to love the way they smell...
Conversation drifts to the core subject of GOING THE DISTANCE : long distance relationships. She finds no comfort in technology's advancements and the the way, supposedly, it brings people together... I think there's a huge false sense of security in the technology of "we are always connected so we can be apart" because, unless you have a 3,000-mile-long penis, that's not exactly the case...I don't think it's healthy to put everything on another person, whether it be your friend or lover. You have to be accountable for yourself and your happiness and be OK with being on your own. I think relationships flourish much more from that lack of dependency.... Though people expect more from their partners... Totally! Notice how much fucking easier friendships are - because expectations are the mother of deformity. And, also, the minute you have sex, it changes everything.
Does it have to?... Fuck yes, it does! Don't tell me it hasn't happened to you. You fucked a friend and you are like, "Shit, it's not going to be the same! We had everything! Why did you fuck me!" And then you can't be friends anymore."............










LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails