Thursday, June 17, 2010

LOŽIŠČE - ISLAND OF BRAČ



Summer 2006,
I spent a whole lazy, sunny, summer afternoon wondering all alone around Ložišče, a half derelict village on the island of Brač. I will always regret not having had a proper camera with me,  as these pictures would have been much better. Unfortunately, they are not of good quality, so I cannot enlarge them for nice wall art decoration.The whole village seems to be out of this world and could very well serve as an inspiration for pattern of an artistic wallpaper.  Stones, rust, raw wood, wonderful colors. Ložišče is about 4 kilometers from Bobovišče, which is an incredible hide out, a tranquil, picturesque little village in the wonderful bay. A place where I would certainly come back for my holidays, one happy day.

 BOBOVIŠČE


23/04/12
I have just read this lovely house,
designed by an architect from Brač,
Nikola Popić,
was sold.
A Russian guy bought it for
a few million dollars.
I shouldn't have been so indecisive,
I missed my chance narrowly.
But I am pretty sure the Russian guy and his family
will invite me for a cup of something,
at this very table.

via



LOŽIŠČE

Well,
back to my artistic photographs of Ložišče.




























I cannot believe they built this villa in Ložišče!
 By the time I come there again, it might lose its charm 
and become a place with expensive villas
and rich tourists!

To remind me of this wonderful place I have got 4 little  photographs on the wall.




LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails