Thursday, February 03, 2011

Why am I doing this?

 Let's celebrate a little anniversary of my one year blogging, over a nice cup of coffee, as usual.

In this bistro.



I've  just remembered the day I started writing a blog. It's been a year now, and I am still here. I haven't given up yet , so it means I like doing it. I have probably found some sense in putting  words and hundreds of pictures on line. 
A year ago I asked myself a few questions about the purpose of doing this stuff.
After a year has passed, I could maybe give a more accurate answer to that question.

 

It seems, I use my blog as a scrapbook - a form of on line memory. 
Whenever I find a link, nice photograph or a snippet of information I want to remember, it gets posted in my blog.  
I also want to document, in photos, some moments from my home life, so I can remember them - it is a kind of private diary. 
I also started putting Tea's photographs in order to save them - she would take them in hundreds and then delete them. She was at first furious when she found out I was using this blog for making an album of her photos, but now she is sort of glad I have saved most of them. 
I find this electronic medium so useful and well organized, so it probably suits my personality
(sign Virgo -likes to sort out things, putting everything into little drawers, sub sign Sagittarius - curious and open to new things) 

It is so useful  because the blog is a searchable electronic medium that I can access with a Web browser anywhere in the world. And it is out there in cyberspace forever, even for my grandchildren to read.
It just fascinates me! 

I thought I started blogging in order to inspire Filipa to have her own blog. She started, that's true,  but after making a few posts, she gave up. She said she couldn't commit herself to do anything on a regular basis and she found it pretty boring.

I thought I would do this blog as a sort of magazine.When we were in primary school, I used to exchange "hand made magazines" with a friend of mine.We would cut out pictures, crosswords, poems, recipes and other stuff from glossy magazines and glue them in a form of scrap book magazines. If only we had this electronic medium in those olden days! So I started writing, copying and pasting and making my online magazine for my only audience - an old  friend of mine who lives in another town.

Maybe I wanted to inspire her to make a blog of her own, a scrapbook magazine that I would read. It also proved not to be a real reason for blogging. As a matter of fact, none of my friends have been following this blog, not even her. But I am going to give her the link to Copy Paste, just to see her reaction.

So, it seems I am making this on line magazine just for the most faithful audience - ME!
I honestly believe I am the only reader of this blog because nobody could ever be interested in reading the crap that is  relevant only to me. I don't think I would like to know that out there might be someone who has come across this secret place of mine and browsed through my posts. That's why I have probably switched off  "Comments" or "Follower" button.  But, if somebody I don't know is reading this - Hello! I am sending my regards and kisses!

 So, a joke from my very first post, about me wanting to be discovered -is just a joke.

Maybe, one day it will change and I will feel the urge to meet some new people out there, with similar interests. As most of the bloggers say, that's the most interesting part of blogging - being a member of the blogosphere, exchanging comments, ideas etc. It's just I still cannot picture myself ever having so much time to communicate with a great number of people. That must be time consuming, and my energy is very,very,  limited.
And the voice in my blog???
For the time being, it seems I am writing to myself (to an inner child?).
I am addressing myself like I am talking to someone else that might be reading this. Confusing?
I am sometimes addressing a friend of mine, as I am explaining things to her.
I am sometimes addressing an unknown person out there that might be my potential friend or interested in what I am saying.
A complete mishmash of voices that probably says something about my personality.

I am off now to do some housework, but will continue to elaborate on this topic later on.
Bye.












LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails