Thursday, February 04, 2010

It's so difficult .....!

It's so difficult to edit blogs! It will take me ages to learn the basic things. My younger daughter made six blogs when she was nine years old. It was so easy for her! When I watch her doing things on her computer, typing 1 million words in a second, opening new windows, inserting pictures, banners....I get so frustrated! How could she possibly know all that? It just comes natural to children, as they have grown up with all this modern technology, I suppose. As I don't have computer logic I am annoyingly slow. She tried to show me some things, but she actually has no patience with me. She gets so annoyed with my silly, stupid (for her) questions, rolling her eyes in astonishment at my computer illiteracy. And when she saw me sweating over editing my first post, she commented: "Why are you bothering doing this? What do you need a blog for? Blogs are for young people...I will be completely embarrassed if my friends get to know that my mother is writing a blog! Gross!"

Well, I won't take these comments from a teenager very seriously. Just you wait, you daughter of mine, and we'll talk about it in two years time. By then, my blog will be full of banners, photos, inscriptions with various fonts and other fancy things. I will edit my blogs with such an ease, enjoying the process as much as I am dreading it now!
Well, let's try to put another line of nice photos into this post. Let me see.. How do I do it?  I know I did it somehow yesterday, but I somehow forgot how I did it ...Uf!



                                                       Via http://highclassproblem.blogspot.com/http:
I found a lot of nice designs for blog titles, such as this one above. I probably have to put the link to the blog where I have found it. At least I've seen other bloggers doing this. Let's try to do it now. How on earth do you do that? 

Well, I have tried something, but I don't believe it will link to anything!

Anyway, here comes another nice design.




I don't know whether I prefer designs with pictures,  letters, fancy photographs or some gaudy  scrap work designs. Have a look at these  ones. Found them at 

                                   
                                                     Fabulous-k  

Yupiiiii, I found out how to link to the page!!!



This one above is a little old fashioned, I  think I prefer more minimalist, Scandinavian type of design. For instance this one:  


scandinavianretreat 







This one with photographs is also nice:

Mammas Hus  


 or this one is very simple, just letters






 It will be really difficult to make a nice, eye-catching, sophisticated, witty, memorable, original title design. For the time being I will have to put up with the ordinary, boring one that is already set in blogspot.com. My next lesson will be how to create an original and stunning title design. I don't know how long it will take me, but just watch me!


Let's practice again. My patience has no limits.... Just kidding
Here goes another picture, a little bit of red colour, just to brighten up the page.


 

I know there is a cyberspace law/rule not to go around stealing pictures and pasting them to your blog, but I kind of have a folder full of nice pictures with no URLs, that I have saved in the past months, and it would be  pity not to use some of them. Do I risk being caught by cyber police for stealing nice pictures?? Here goes another nice pic. Red colour is really refreshing. The only thing missing in this picture is me, resting on the striped sofa with a cool glass of wine and a nice magazine. No company, please.




I think I am getting better at inserting pictures, but still ... how do you arrange them to look nice? I want them extra large, but then, just half a picture appears on the actual post. The nice thing though is, if you click on the picture, it enlarges. How long will it take me to learn some basic things in Photoshop? Do all the blogers design their blogs by themselves or they pay an expert to get the design?   

Do people design their rooms all by themselves or they pay a designer? 
Do you prefer bright rooms or dark and sexy ones?
Are you a minimalist or you like a lot of details?
Shall I make my blog bright or dark, with lots of details or minimalistic???
I hope, I will soon find out what I like.

 


So, this post is all about practicing and me being frustrated by not not knowing so many technical things ... which could obviously help me make my design ideas for this blog come alive.. So, to make a long story short, I really have to learn so many things. It will take me months, days and many sweaty hours to get to know how to make my blog look nicely designed. Pretty daunting. 


By the way, my dear hubby is really curious to discover what I am up to with all the typing and surfing. Luckily, we have two computers and a laptop. So the younger daughter is facebooking on the laptop, my H is warcrafting at the computer in another room, my older daughter is not at home and I am writing my post here...


Maybe it's time to go to bed. Enough learning for today. I am so proud of myself, but too much intellectual, brain stretching stuff is not good for anybody. And I am just overloaded for today. And even worse... I made pancakes and have just eaten four of them. So I am overstuffed as well. 
So, that's all folks for today!
xoxo  Secret Girl  



isn't it?


PS Just to mention. The grey living room above belongs to Gemma, a lucky girl from England whose sister is a famous designer Abigail Ahern. They spent only 6000 GBP to achieve this out of world space that has been in all magazines. This is the result when you are not afraid to experiment with dark colours (Abigail says you should use the same dark colour on your floor as well as on your walls - it wipes off the line between them). I wonder how it feels to live in this old grey Victorian house. It looks great in photographs and magazines, but is it that nice in real life?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails