Sunday, March 18, 2012

Filipa's room 2006

Just found some old pics. 
I even forgot Filipa's room looked like this!






I can spend countless hours assembling and then reassembling my favorite things….coffee table books, photographs, drawings, eclectic oddities I’ve gathered over time, mementos or gifts from friends and family heirlooms. 
There are countless vignettes your can create with your sacred possessions….I am always a bit of a voyeur in friend’s homes,  I love seeing how they creatively place & display their precious objects with obvious care.
I find it fascinating actually…..those quiet moments you spend alone with yourself in your home that are deeply personal….when you are with the things you’ve accumulated over time, that conjure memories and tell your story….Who you are, what you love, where you’ve traveled….those trinkets we choose to surround ourselves with in our home are an extension of us….and how we choose to express who we are.

Just read this HERE. I love the way she writes! 
Must take some time to go through all her posts and try some of her recipes. 







LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails